Hi Everybody! We made it to Mongolia! This will be a quick post because I have dinner soon and there about 15 other volunteers waiting for computers. A few notes about the trip so far.
- Mongolia is BEAUTIFUL! We're in a somewhat large town surrounded by gorgeous rolling hills.
- So far we've just spent time in introductory sessions on things like safety, medical issues, and our first language session.
- Mark and I got great news - we get to live in the same town for training! We thought we'd have to be really far apart and only see each other a few times over the 8 weeks but they changed things this year and CED (Business) and CYD (youth) volunteers just happen to be training in the same town. So we'll be living with separate families but get to see each other pretty much everyday. Yeah!
- The weather has been great - in the 70s I think.
- I've got to see gers (yurts), horses, cows (wandering around town), lots of scraggley dogs, and goats.
- The food has been GREAT! Granted, I had low expectations and I think they are easing us in, but it has been really good so far. I don't think anybody has really gotten sick yet. But tomorrow we start getting all of our shots. :(
I think that's all for now. But I have to give a shout out to my little bro - HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY JARED!!!
Kara (& Mark)