Sunday, January 16, 2011

IceFest

by Kara

I spent Saturday with my coworkers at the Arkhangai IceFest. That's not what they called it, but I think it's a suitable name. The festivities took place at a local river, or rather, on the local river. Worried about the cold weather I wore three layers of long underwear underneath my jeans and four long-sleeved shirts under a sweatershirt and thankfully, stayed pretty warm throughout the day. Here are some pics!


My coworkers warming up around the fire

One of the sports competitions (and one that I was selected to participate in) -- hockey!
Curling
Oyunnaran and I
Nonchalantly resting at a table and chairs made of ice.
My coworkers competing in the tug-of-war competition.
I, shockingly, was not chosen to represent my work in this event.
We lost. :(

1 comment:

akmonki said...

Beautiful photos Karageen! I liked the warming up around the fire shot & the sports ...looks like they could've used your brute strength in that tug-of-war though!